From the Knight Foundation:
Reasons for running an online Giving Day?
- Increase your visibility in the community;
- Engage new and existing donors;
- Build and strengthen relationships with the nonprofit community.
How can nonprofits run an effective Giving Day?
- Plan ahead and be prepared for potential challenges;
- Leverage prizes and matches to incentivize specific donor and nonprofit behaviors;
- Provide robust training to build nonprofit capacity.
How can Giving Days be more sustainable?
- Make your Giving Day cost-effective;
- Grow your assets under management;
- Connect to longer-term goals and programs;
- Collaborate with and learn from your peers.