From our friends at Nonprofit Works. As a friend of the Community Foundation, Nonprofit Works is offering you a discounted rate of $60 per person (20% off the regular rate of $75). Use online promo code NPW112.
You’re invited to join Nonprofit Works for a workshop on
Monday, May 8 | 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. | 112 Spring Street in Saratoga Springs
Click here to register (remember to use discount code NPW112 for a 20% discount!)
This practical workshop helps participants learn how to develop and manage their interactions with the media, including generating story ideas, creating news releases, and then pitching them to reporters and editors along with collateral materials. Participants are encouraged to bring current communications projects to work on.
- Identifying relevant media actors and creating a media contact “database”
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with media contacts
- Developing news and “feature” stories about your organization and issues relevant to it
- Crafting news releases that increase your chance of getting your stories or issues covered
- Choosing the right “hook” and pitching your news release